Neely House Information
The Neely House is closed temporarily in cooperation with global and local agencies efforts to halt the spread of COVID-19. We encourage you to check back in for further updates, and look forward to welcoming visitors back to the Neely House as soon as circumstances allow. If you need to contact someone at the Neely House directly please call: 617-636-0716.
We welcome guests back to The Neely House. With The Neely House now open again, each of us plays a role in a safe reopening, with social distancing, face masks, and additional health and safety precautions in place.
We have been thoughtfully preparing for our reopening, following the release of The Baker-Polito Administration’s comprehensive plan, which authorized public health facilities to open as of July 6, 2020. This has been a thorough process, one that considers many variables and takes into account State, City and CDC guidelines. We recognize that circumstances may change at any moment. But we remain hopeful that we will be able to serve our guests under the safest possible conditions and under new norms.
For more information on our safety protocols and guidelines, please contact your social worker or The Neely House directly: 617-636-0716.
The patient must have a cancer diagnosis.
The patient must be receiving treatment at Tufts Medical Center for their cancer diagnosis or have appointments/testing that is related to that diagnosis.
All patients are required to have a caregiver over the age of 18 accompany them during their stay.
If the patient is admitted for their cancer diagnosis, caregivers and loved ones are welcome to apply.
All guests do not have or show signs of having an infectious disease. (i.e. cold, flu, etc.)
All guests must have a permanent address.
How to Apply:
To request accommodations, contact the Tufts Medical Center’s Social Work Department at 617-636-5136 and request a referral be completed. A referral is not a guarantee of stay and will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Once the referral is received, The Neely House staff will reach out to you in order to book or waitlist according to availability at that time.
What to Expect:
- The cost is $50 per night. If your stay is longer than a week, we ask that weekly payments be made.
- Guests may arrive any time between the hours of 4pm and 8pm and must depart by 11am.
- All guests must arrive and depart within one day of their first and last appointments.
- Please be sure to update The Neely House staff as soon as possible should you need to change your dates of stay.
What The Neely House Provides:
- Sheets and Blankets
- Bath Towels
- Laundry Facilities
- Cleaning Supplies
- Full Kitchen Amenities
- Resource Room with Computer and Printer
- Wireless Internet
What to Bring:
- Food (kitchenette space is provided for perishable and non-perishable items)
- Personal Items (Toiletries, Hair Dryer, Etc.)
- Slippers or Sandals (shoes must be worn in common areas at all times)
- Laundry Detergent and Dish Detergent (The Neely House relies on donations of these items)
- Personal items, such as pictures or mementos to make your room feel like home
- Do not bring alcohol, illegal drugs, firearms, or other weapons of any kind